Friday 18 June 2010

I have written about the Summer, and my party if you would like to read about such things...

I hate Summer, and I hate the monotonousness of people talking about it; it fits in with many of the things I really hate about being on the computer. Although, I'm not going to stop coming on here, and I guess the fact that I'm complaining about what everybody else does on here really does make me a hypocrite :L .... irritating.

Anyway, yes I hate the Summer. I cannot stand heat. I mean, here I am writing a blog at almost 2 o'clock in the morning, and I'm boiling! :o How is that normal?

I hadn't really thought about it until I started talking about Summer, but it really is freaky...

I had a debate with my mum and Gareth earlier, about climate change and whatnot. This was after watching the weather news, which had said that we've had a few really dry months, driest for 30-40 years I think.
So I firmly believe in climate change, not global warming - we all know that's propaganda, at least in geography we do. Sandy (I seem to mention her a lot in my blogs - maybe its a subconscious thing) drummed that into us. Al Gore just wants money!

Look at his greedy face:


Anyway, yes, climate change. I firmly believe in it, and I have done far before I started geography at GCSE. 
So, we had a debate about climate change after I said that the dryness just goes to prove it that little bit more. Gareth thinks everything is normal, and its basically all bullshit. He thinks they'll have a new scare story in 20 years. This is understandable; before they were telling us about global warming they were scared of a global freeze! That was some time in the 50s... 
However, both scare stories - even if they were hyped up by the media - have their scientific backing. The Earth's temperature fluctuates; its going to happen. However, when I use the term 'climate change', I mean to say a quick succession of different weathers. So I argued my point that the weather is acting a little topsy-turvy.
People have been saying, 'Oh, this year proves that everything's back to normal now, and nothing's going to happen'. This is dull. Normality in weather patterns wouldn't go back to normal after one year :S
I really despise the people who deny everything ;/
They just tend to be lazy and/or rich people.

How did I get onto that?

Yes, I hate the Summer. My favourite seasons are Autumn and Winter. I never really care about the rain too much. As long as I have my music, I can walk through rain for hours. You can't do that with a blazing sun... Everything's too hot. And I don't like shorts! Therefore, I am boiling in my jeans. And then when I get inside to try and escape the heat outside, I go up to my attic which collects all the heat of the house I swear!
As I've been trying to revise over the last few weeks (Yes, I must mention work in this blog too) my sheets are strewn all over the floor; my room is a serious mess. This means that I can't open my skylight too far without winds coming in and throwing up all my work. Of course, most of it doesn't matter now =] and my plan of revision for the next geography exam is all on the computer, but it is still irritating.

So, yes I don't like Summer; you might say, 
'But, Gwyn. Your birthday is in the depths of Summer!' 

Summer is the worst time to have a birthday... Everyone was always on holiday on my birthday =/ I've never really had a very successful birthday party, mainly because whenever I had one I only had two friends, one of which was too cheap to bother coming...

Anyway, hopefully this year will be different. The idea has now changed. My mum said I can't have it in Virginia Golf Club, as it's far too expensive. So she said I should have it in the Goodrich on Van Road. I don't think this is concrete yet, but I want to go along with it. Its a smaller venue than Virginia, but I don't think I would really want to fill it up to the brim anyway. My parties should have a theme of being civilised =] I think that was the case at the one last year because Beth and Xanthe couldn't come, most probably :P


See, it was completely sophisticated! =]

I wish I could have another house party =/ 

Anyway, yes - what would you think of Goodrich...? Its different, it should be tried out. It would be earlier than my birthday to make sure its before people go on holidays. 

Well, I've written a lot more than you'll probably care to read, so I shall be quiet now, and go away.

Nos da! =]

Moi

5 comments:

Xanthe said...

How dare you imply parties with me aren't sophisticated.

Wait actually that fine. As long as you don't say I'm boring and parties are better without me.

Anonymous said...

I believe in global warming, but not for the conventional reasons. The reason being is that were still exiting an iceage. Yep. An iceage doesn't end until both polar ice caps have melted. We're currently on a warm up phase and the earths temperature is supposed to increase by 1 degree every 100 years or so.

Also 'burning the rainforest' stuff doesn't sit well with me either. While i do condone it for destroying animal habitats, it don't believe that it actually does that much to CO2 emissions. Plankton in the sea are what we get two thirds of oxygen from CO2 from, and the other third is from plants ALL OVER THE GLOBE NOT JUST THE RAINFOREST (shocker right?). 21% of our atmosphere is Oxygen, 0.0390% is carbon dioxide.

You should really watch a film called Zeitgeist if you like conspiracy theories or read 1984. If you have read that book, and watch that film, that youd realize how scarily true that book is to how we live now. :P

Blasphemy said...

OMG I HAVE READ THAT BOOK, EDDY.
Scared the shite outta me.

If there's a party that doesn't interfere with my revision (And theoretically work later on), and there are fun people there-I'll be there!

LiLiBell said...

I will be at your party Gwyn, no matter where it is XD I've never been to the goodrich, I should like to see it lol
x

GL said...

I've been there once. From my experience there, I don't really see how parties work but I guess the difference can't be that bad x]